2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rookie mistake

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by knoxy
Size might not be the only issue. My steering wheel was way off after i put in a new track bar a couple weeks ago. The new one was exactly the same size as the old.

The problem was that the chassis shifted slightly when I took the old one off. Had to finesse the steering alot while jacking up one side to get the frame end to fit. I figured the steering angle was screwed up from all my monkeying while the track bar was disconnected. I'm a total n00b.

Just had the shop straighten it when doing the alignment.
You don't have to do anything with the steering, just have someone push on the right or left fender while you line it up.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 AM
knoxy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to do anything with the steering, just have someone push on the right or left fender while you line it up.
Good to know. I was on my own at the time. I'll call a buddy next time. Fortunately, force and determination prevailed!

Quick Reply: rookie mistake