2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'01 ram 1500 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
iacordero
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 ram 1500 misfire

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and I joined mainly because I need some help with this particular issue: I have an '01 ram 1500 5.9L and it's showing a fairly constant misfire on cylinder 7. It has new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. I took it to the dealer and all their diagnostics show that it's getting good spark, and compression is fine. They decided that a bad injector must be the problem, so for they replaced it for a cool $270. Well, that did not fix the problem, and they informed me that it didn't fix the issue, but instead of continuing to throw money at the dealer for them to grasp at straws, I just asked them to button it up and I'll go ahead and get my truck after 5 days of futility. Has any one run into a similar issue or have any ideas of what could be causing the problem?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Is it just number 7 that is giving the issue? Going on that assumption, you have already addressed the ignition side, and injector, so, next is electrical. Have a look at the connectors on the PCM, and make sure they are all nice and clean. They tend to corrode, so, you end up with an intermittent fault, that is hard to trace.

Quick Reply: '01 ram 1500 misfire