DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   shakes when accelerate/reverse (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/299727-shakes-when-accelerate-reverse.html)

tatitup8 08-04-2011 04:23 PM

shakes when accelerate/reverse

problem.....
started my truck, put in reverse to back out of driveway, and when i pushed the pedal to give it some gas, the truck started to shake, like (in a front to back motion).... wtf??? does it in drive too.. too scared to drive it now.. and i have to take my girlfriend home and i have to go to practice. help!

EDIT: i also don't have all the power im supposed to..

tatitup8 08-04-2011 04:34 PM

Delete

tatitup8 08-04-2011 04:59 PM

Jus drove around block, when not accelerating oil pressure is fine, when accelerating the pressure goes up. ??

Brent Jones 08-04-2011 05:25 PM

Its normal for your oil pressure to go up when you accelerate.

tatitup8 08-04-2011 05:30 PM

Drastically and drops when I let off the pedal?

tatitup8 08-04-2011 06:10 PM

3 people said its prolly the transmission

aim4squirrels 08-04-2011 06:22 PM

How drastically do the RPM's rev when you push it?

A general rule of thumb is 10psi oil pressure for every 1000RPMs. That isn't an exact figure, so don't go quoting it as scripture, but the oil pump is driven by the camshaft, so the faster then engine goes, that faster the oil pump pushes oil. Are you traveling outside of the normal range of the oil pressure on your dash gauge? If it's in the normal range, don't go looking for a problem that isn't there.

Your transmission could be taking a dump, but you could have other issues like torque converter drain back, or a loose band that needs adjusting. I believe 1st and reverse are controlled by the same transmission band.

tatitup8 08-05-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels (Post 2565101)
How drastically do the RPM's rev when you push it?

A general rule of thumb is 10psi oil pressure for every 1000RPMs. That isn't an exact figure, so don't go quoting it as scripture, but the oil pump is driven by the camshaft, so the faster then engine goes, that faster the oil pump pushes oil. Are you traveling outside of the normal range of the oil pressure on your dash gauge? If it's in the normal range, don't go looking for a problem that isn't there.

Your transmission could be taking a dump, but you could have other issues like torque converter drain back, or a loose band that needs adjusting. I believe 1st and reverse are controlled by the same transmission band.

ok, oil thing is fine.. i tuned truck to 93 octane the day before this started happening.. i had full tank of supreme (93) so i dont think this is the problem..

it also shakes when i change to 2nd gear or downshift from second. and shakes pretty bad when i push the pedal in to about idle speed

aim4squirrels 08-05-2011 12:42 PM

Did you happen to do any engine work?

If you did, Check the easy stuff like plug wires firmly on contacts and on the correct tower on the cap.

tatitup8 08-05-2011 01:44 PM

I did the plenum about a month ago, changes plugs wires and tstat.