2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheeling pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheeling pics

Went up to glacier and red meadow the other day. Yesterday went up and ran the blacktail trail...The hill you see pictures of had a sign(i will take a pic of that this week) that said, black diamond(hardest) tire size req-37in+, Lockers req, full roll cage req. Was a pretty nasty hill(i was half way up the hill when i got the pic.. there was more of the same behind me i was just in a safe stopping point). tuck it nice and slow in low range and only had to take two runs at the top portion. Minor body damage to truck(tree branch scratched paint but whatever no biggy).

Name:  wheeling.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  94.9 KB
Half way point on hill, don't know if you can make out the truck at the bottom of the hill.. Hill was steep enough on the rock portion's that my front end was bouncing off the ground...

Name:  hill.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  113.8 KB
the last part of the hill... steeper in person lol

Name:  4wheeling-1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  51.5 KB
copilot taking pics as she is screaming in the seat... i think she bent my oh **** handle... haha

Name:  wheelin.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  82.4 KB
playing on gravel pit

Name:  GlacierPark2011415.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  114.8 KB
top of glacier park

Name:  snow.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  63.7 KB
parked in snow at red meadow... :P

Name:  cleaned.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  57.8 KB
washed her up

Last edited by offroadjosh; 08-10-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice pics and gnarly trail man! Does your truck have any of the items listed on the sign? I might be too much of a puss for that trail since I think I'd start worrying about breaking stuff.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice pics and rugged looking trail.
i can't believe there's snow anywhere. its a 100* here every day.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, thanks! Nope... nothing on the list lol. You just have to know how to drive... Its all about tire placement and momentum(not speed/power tire spinning). I was in 1st gear 4low the entire hill and hardly broke 1200rpm.. only time i did was when i BLIPED the throttle to bump over a ledge, rather than hammer on it and break things. If you know how to drive properly off-road you can do some amazing things. I do like trails where i do have to have some right foot though

Quick Reply: Wheeling pics