2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rust bubbles on rear wheel wells, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 12:29 AM
cuda1979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rust bubbles on rear wheel wells, HELP

has anyone else had rust bubbles on there fenders there coming from the inside and i cant see a way to get to the inside of the well they just popped up out of nowhere and i have alot of them just on wheel wells , i can do the work myself just wanted to know if there was a easier way to axcess the inside without cutting it apart

Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Josheis
Professional

Every dodge has issues with that all of my jeeps have and so does my truck, the only real way to get rid of it, is to cut and weld or replace. However if your like me and on a budget I just sand the big pieces of rust and paint off and treat the rust and paint so it'll stop spreading. And you should be able to take your inner wheel well out it's just plastic I believe but I did all mine from the outside and i'm waiting on my buddy to weld it up.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My 98 had the same problem. I used some rust stopper stuff made by Rustoleum. Removed the wheel well liner and cleaned as much rust off as possible inside and out. Waited a couple days per directions and filled and painted. Came out pretty good, as was fine for a couple years before the truck got totaled.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Josheis
Professional

Ya that's pretty much what I planned on doing until my buddy's like "ya i'll just weld it up" but i'm kinda worried how it's gonna turn out as he builds derby trucks lol.

Quick Reply: rust bubbles on rear wheel wells, HELP