2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1500 with leveling kit. Will 2500 coil spring works?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1500 with leveling kit. Will 2500 coil spring works?

Basically what the thread is titled. I have a 1500 which right now has a leveling/coil spacer kit in the front but I've came across some 2500 diesel coil spring which should lift it but I'm not sure if they will work with the leveling kit. I'm looking at just adding the coil springs in front and blocks in back to get a little more lift. And if I do go blocks in the rear Ill get one solid block not stack. Figured I'd mention that before someone jumps on my back lol.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
sk8erdude
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2500 springs will give you roughly 2" of lift. but keep in mind the higher you go the more your wheels will be pulled back because of your control arms. they may need to be lengthened. and some other things may need to be extended also, like pitman arm, panhard bar, etc...

oh and how does your leveling kit give you 6" of lift? you already have a lift kit on it. why not go with a body lift?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
PETE_YK
Professional

Keep in mind the 2500 diesel springs will probably ride like crap because they are meant to support the 1100 lbs cummins and not a V8... 2500 gas springs would be awesome if you could find some.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yep, changing to diesel springs will give you more lift, but they will ride harsh. That being said, I can't say if they would work in combination with the spacers or not as it depends on the size of the spacers. If you go over 3" of lift you need to change out several more parts like the upper and lower control arms, trac bar drop bracket, and several other parts that I can't remember. It's been a while since I've messed around with it, so I can't remember what all you need to replace. So if you ran those coils with a 1" spacer you'd probably be fine. If you ran them with a 3" spacer, you need to put a lot more than just the coils and spacers on there.

Quick Reply: 1500 with leveling kit. Will 2500 coil spring works?