2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pleneum Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Bill99ram5.2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleneum Gasket

Hello To Everyone...Been reading alot of usefull info on this forum...Steve..You seem to have done a whole lot...I just picked up a 99 4x4 ram 1500 drove from mi to fl..1200 miles..noticed she burned alot of oil.along with pinging etc..so today I did a vacuum test the dial was at 15 within 5 secounds along with a screeching sound ..so I shut her down right away..unplugged the pvc and hooked that side back upto the intake etc..started her than she was fine...Must be the peneum gasket...Im going to take your advice steve and go with the billet kit from aps....unless I can get that kit down here..I noticed one of this forum sponsers is a mopar performance in new port richie,FL which is only 40 min from me...has anyone delt with them before....they are closed now so I can'y call till tommorrow...wonder if they would have that part olong with the intake gaskets and bolts etc.?..steve or anyone who has done this job...were did you get the intake gasket kit and bolts (from the dealership) or aftermarket?..can I just use high temp rtv silicon or do I also need to use fast dry gasket cement per instructions of my (Hanes manual) locktite is used on the pleneum is it also used on the intake manafold bolts....Thank you in advance for any and all your help...BILL

Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Pleneum Gasket

Welcome to DF!!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

have you seen this forum? https://dodgeforum.com/forumid_118/tt.htm has a lot of DIY writeups.

going with the plenum kit is a smart move. you don't need anything between the pan and intake other than the new mopar gasket which is some type of metal gasket. no sealants needed. Follow the instructions that come with the kit and I recommend getting the kit from APSPrecision.com. I think it came with new bolts too.

the intake bolts are not re-useable, trash them and get new ones from dodge.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Bill99ram5.2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pleneum Gasket

OK Thank you very much Steve...Been trying to get ahold of APS....I'd like to have the kit by this weekend...Hughes engines from ill might be a better bet for me closer for shipping..but there plenum kit fit is not as nice as APS as far as covering the whole bottom of the intake..Yours looks really nice...My truck is the same...White with gray int..black body side molding...etc...tires are 265's...Thank you very much for the info Steve...Later... got to make some phone calles

Quick Reply: Pleneum Gasket