2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck dies after 5-10 miles on highway.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 AM
ChaseMerola
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thanks for the speady reply, im getting ready for work and decided to recheck before i left, i will test the hose stiffness when i get off work at 6, (816 now) and will test radiator pressure sat.

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 PM
ChaseMerola
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright...

Driving it home tonight ~50 Miles away.

I did drive it tonight, and was checking doing all the things u guys said to do. I checked....

Oil = Perfect
AntiFreeze = Perfect
Hoses = Fine

Looked inside the plenum and got a good video of the inside, but from what i could tell it doesnt seem to bad... I will upload the video from my phone once I get home.

Also when i start it up it smokes, and it continues to smoke even after the truck warms up, like i said before it is just a mild, exactly as if it were winter outside. Anyhow i drove it around town for about 20 minutes doggin it eveynow and agian to get the engine to get a little warmer, its about 60 outside. it never over heats anyways, always been same.

So.... Im guessing it is a cracked head? Unless you think it might be something else? I will do a pressure test tomorrow on my radiator as i will be in town to do it.

Uploading video in about 2 hours.

Last edited by ChaseMerola; 09-23-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck dies after 5-10 miles on highway.