2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help finding something out

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help finding something out

Might be a stupid question/problem to others but what the heck. I made the mistake of taking my ram to the dealership to have the radiator flushed and hoses changeds (figured it was time for the hoses to be replaced at 14 years old). They didn't tell me and put another brand of hoses on my truck and not mopar brand which i thought i was going to get since they didn't have them. After lots of yelling at them they are going to swap out the hoses for mopar ones. Here comes the really **** part on top of my making a big deal out of this. They threw away my hoses and the mesh thingy that was on the top hose. Now it looks really weird under the hood with that gone. I am trying to keep this ram as close to stock as possible and now it doesn't look the same. Anyone know where I can get that six inch or so black mesh covering that was on the upper hose where it rests on the fan shroud? I know i am picky but I have really kept this truck lookiing nice since i bought it new back in 97. The engine is spotless. No idea what that stuff is called. I searched at Jegs for radiator hose cover but no luck.

thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junk yard.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it not original on the truck? Dealer should be responsible for anything they threw away.

I have used a product in a past life that may be what you are looking for, but this place has a minimum size piece of 100' you may be able to find it if you can print this and take it with you.

http://www.glenair.com/conduit/convo...ustomcable.htm

It is jacket material used in wiring harnesses. A 518 transmission uses this for the governor and solenoid witing. It comes in metallic and non metallic.

Here is another: http://cableorganizer.com/abrasion-resistant-sleeving/

Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks gdstock that's what i am looking for. doubt the twits at the dealership will be able to find it. but they'll be eating the cost if it only comes in 100' roles.

Quick Reply: help finding something out