2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

White vapor out tailpipe and dripping cat converter...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Maybe just a little.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:09 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone asked the obvious question?

Have you had to fill up your radiator or overflow tank very often?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 PM
candymancan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have but I have also done a lot of work to the cooling system.

2 months ago i replaced the timing cover gasket and 4 weeks ago i replaced the water pump, bled the system as best as i could and within 2 after doing that i noticed the water level dropped about 1 1/2 inchs from full to low. However i think that could have been because i didnt bleed all the air out and eventually it came out on its own.. Before i did all the work tho to this as far as the cooling system no the level never went down in the year i had it. 2 days ago tho the o ring on the bypass tube started to leak so i replaced that again and refilled the system. So i guess i just need to keep driving it and watch it..

Zman has a point tho i can be overly paranoid about my vehicle... its just that its the only thing i have to make money and i dont want it to break on me so i've fixing everything thats been going bad on it.

I have another issue with it where the front tires are wearing out on the outside quickly... so fast in fact in another 7k miles they will be gone... I had an alingment done fixed the 4WD, had all the joints checked and its still doing it. But thats another story..

Last edited by candymancan; 09-19-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Quick Reply: White vapor out tailpipe and dripping cat converter...