2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Dodge Ram headlight question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Tyler.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Ram headlight question.

Ok so i was thinking about replacing my stock headlights for my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 white in color. I wanted to get blackouts to match the white, but then i just decided i was going to replace the stock light. I was thinking about getting these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKE-94-01-...ht_6664wt_1265 Does anybody have any suggestions on which ones i should get?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were a couple of threads within the last week on aftermarket lighting. You may want to read that discussion. I think the ones you are looking at may have even been among the ones mentioned. Also, some people were experiencing wiring issues because of no instructions, or instructions not matching with the way Rams are wired. Might save you some grief.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Tyler.

Originally Posted by gdstock
There were a couple of threads within the last week on aftermarket lighting. You may want to read that discussion. I think the ones you are looking at may have even been among the ones mentioned. Also, some people were experiencing wiring issues because of no instructions, or instructions not matching with the way Rams are wired. Might save you some grief.
Thanks for the info. And my dad is very good at wiring, so i believe he could be able to do it himself. If not, my sister's boyfriend is a mechanic.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:13 AM
chadhager03
Captain

Watch out for how tinted. Mine are black, I don't have a link but they are about $100 with shipping and I hate them. They got rid of all light even with upgraded $60 bulbs. Luckily I live in the city where lights are used to make the car more visible not necessarily to drive so it's not too bad for me. I love how they look but I hate the light they put out, I can't even tell there on. I drive in darkish places with my lights off so I can see better lol
Just my opinion, wish I would have gotten the clear ones

Old 10-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Tyler.

Originally Posted by chadhager03
Watch out for how tinted. Mine are black, I don't have a link but they are about $100 with shipping and I hate them. They got rid of all light even with upgraded $60 bulbs. Luckily I live in the city where lights are used to make the car more visible not necessarily to drive so it's not too bad for me. I love how they look but I hate the light they put out, I can't even tell there on. I drive in darkish places with my lights off so I can see better lol
Just my opinion, wish I would have gotten the clear ones
I know that the smoke lenses put out less light, but i do not drive that much at night. I wanted the smoke since my truck is white and i thought they would look better than the clear ones. Do you remember what brand yours are?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 AM
chadhager03
Captain

It was from a seller assemble web. I'll take a picture of mine at night to show you how horrible they are.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
SyKo450
Rookie

I got some off ebay...

Plastic turning yellow already....

Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Buzz68

I replaced my yellow stock lites with new projection ones but the life's are still dim (high and low). What is wrong?? They were dim before I replaced them. Do I have a bad relay

Old 12-01-2012, 06:58 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i doubt you will find a relay for the headlights if it is stock.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
jthorntonwillis
Default RE:

Cheaper on Amazon Bought mine there,Very happy. Ebay sucks....

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram headlight question.