2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Highway Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
DodgeSporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway Noise

So i know i am probably the only one on the thread asking this question =) I am getting ready to install a high-flow back cat on my truck. I am perfectly okay making a loud noise while im driving around town. The downside is most of my miles will be highway driving with my wife and new born.

I have heard magnaflows are better for the noise reduction. It already exits out behind the rear tire so i wont have to move it.

I also heard about putting dynex mats in the doors so when im around town with the windows down you can hear it, but on the highway with the windows up it won't be very loud at all.

Thanks for the input guys.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 AM
TheycallmeLaramie
Veteran

Ive got two magnaflows and drive 90% highway. They are loud when you rev it and start it, rather mild at 65 mph. I would buy them again.

Name:  IMAG0860.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  72.4 KB

Old 10-07-2011, 01:01 AM
SilverSS
Captain

The rumble of the exhaust will put your baby to sleep. You will love that lol . Mine would cry, whine, and complain the whole time she was in mommy's Kia. When she's in anything I own she's happy and then she falls asleep. Almost any exhaust will be pretty quiet at speed in OD because the RPM's are quite low. If you're towing and locked up in 3rd that's a different story.

Quick Reply: Highway Noise