2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front axle change out

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at that yesterday, doesnt really help a whole lot with westandr's problem...

Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
6boltfreak
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ull need more than just the axles to do that swap.
find a donor, i looked on Craigslist found 5 in my area for under 800 take what you need scrap the rest and make your money back. its just hat easy.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
westandr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zman thanks for the link. I think that somewhere around 1999 or 2000 dodge changed the control arms, cause looking the parts on rockauto they are the same for my year model, so if I would have got the axles from a truck around the same year model, i wouldnt have had as many issues. but what is life without its little hassles. I have everything bolted on and the only part left to do is the lower control arms and the drive shaft. plan on taking it by the drive shaft shop and have them shorten it two inches. so by next week end I should be done. Oh, the mounts for the dana 60 and 44 are all the same, double checked and from centerline of the axles they match, only difference is the bolt size for the control arms. the brake lines did not match at the caliper, but did at the frame mounts, they were about the easiest part to change out.

Quick Reply: front axle change out