2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
71dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

i got the balencer off and all that crap done. im pulling off the intake now. the first little plug by the oil dip stick broke.( it has like 2 little wires on it) were can i get a new one.. and what does it do. and how in the hell do i get the injectors out of the intake. i dont wanna break them by pulling. is there a tool for them? and do they need new O-rings wen they get put back in?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you using a manual or just winging it? Download the manual so you can at least put it back together correctly. And take some pics and post them. Assuming you are talking about the oil dipstick, there is the temp sensor under the alternator and the coil is right there too.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Ramzy
Veteran

I take it you are doing the plenum. First of let me say you don't have to remove the injectors from the manifold, I found the rails make a nice handle when lifting that bastard out. Just be Careful. Secondly that is a temp sensor. Your local auto parts store should stock them. It's fairly common to break those off. I know I did. If you do pull the injectors check out the o-ring and if they are damaged replace them. You may want to do that anyway for peace of mind.

EDIT: x2 on that service manual. I take it for granted that people would tear down and put back together without one.

Last edited by Ramzy; 10-09-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM
71dodge
Professional

i got it. i just pulled the wires off. now im waiting on my headers to come in and my plenum plate then im gonna put er all back together n hope it runs lol