2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

removing catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
ryan0714
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John D in CT
"if i was you, i would just hollow out the cat, so you can leave your o2's in place and fine".

And if I were you, I'd leave the cat in place so you don't dump a bunch of crap into the air we all have to breathe. Plus, hollowed-out cats usually sound like crap.

If you're hell-bent on removing your cat, it's simple enough to weld an O2 bung onto whatever pipe you replace it with.
wow man.... talk about being a dick... if your a earth loving tree hug-er type of person, then maybe you shouldnt drive a dodge? and for the record, my truck sounds very nice. maybe the ones u heard, the people didnt totally get it gutted all the way. that i could understand makin it a little raspy

Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan0714
wow man.... talk about being a dick... if your a earth loving tree hug-er type of person, then maybe you shouldnt drive a dodge? and for the record, my truck sounds very nice. maybe the ones u heard, the people didnt totally get it gutted all the way. that i could understand makin it a little raspy
Gutted cats sound like crap. Most people have terrible taste in exhaust sound, I rest my case with your dumped 40 series. Nobody wants to drive behind your smelly POS either. But have fun violating federal law for your 3 extra HP. And I'm not a hippy either, the EPA should F right off, it's purely about common courtesy for others you share the road with.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one of the things about a high flow cat that a lot of folks forget, is that they 'help' almost enough to negate the obstacle they create..

cats get hotter than the exhaust either upwind or downwind.. fact.. that heat helps promote scavenging on a full length exhaust system by reheating the pulse as it passes, and right at a point where the flow is slowing.. like I said- it almost eliminates the obstacle it creates.. almost..

it keeps you legal too.. it's a hefty fine to be caught w/o.. also, if you're involved in an accident, and the popo notices the lack of you will get cited.. in extreme cases, your insurance could balk b/c of 'non highway legal' clauses..

all for about 3 ponies?

not me..

Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
John D in CT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"wow man.... talk about being a dick... if your a earth loving tree [hug-er] type of person, then maybe you shouldnt drive a dodge? and for the record, my truck sounds very nice .... "

How about we leave name-calling out of this discussion. I don't appreciate being called a dick in a public forum. And if I'm "earth loving", then should I presume that you're "earth-hating"? If so, why? This planet has been very good to me; do you have some grievance toward this planet that you'd like to air?

Lastly, it's no effing business of yours what emissions-compliant vehicle I drive.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
iacordero
Rookie

Originally Posted by John D in CT
"wow man.... talk about being a dick... if your a earth loving tree [hug-er] type of person, then maybe you shouldnt drive a dodge? and for the record, my truck sounds very nice .... "

How about we leave name-calling out of this discussion. I don't appreciate being called a dick in a public forum. And if I'm "earth loving", then should I presume that you're "earth-hating"? If so, why? This planet has been very good to me; do you have some grievance toward this planet that you'd like to air?

Lastly, it's no effing business of yours what emissions-compliant vehicle I drive.
Pretty funny. Also, did you have much trouble with the fuzzy dice mod? I'm considering the naked-lady-mudflap mod and/or Yosemite Sam mudflap mod. Input and writeups on these mods would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 AM
thetypezero
Rookie

Your better off running long tube headers and running it into some purple hornies header mufflers.

BTW Whats with all the complaining damn... Sound like a bunch of wussy hybrid owners!!! Run your exhaust the way you want to. And Stop Feeding The Trolls.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

You guys are funny.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, do what you want to.
That's what it comes down to.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
John D in CT
Veteran

"Whats with all the complaining damn... Sound like a bunch of wussy hybrid owners!!! Run your exhaust the way you want to. And Stop Feeding The Trolls".

"What's with all the hostility" is a better question. For advocating leaving in place a device that reduces emissions of harmful gasses into the air, I get called a "dick", a "[tree-huger]", "wussy", and a "troll". Check your anger at the door, boys - and stop violating federal law, as well as the rules of this forum against insulting other members.

(We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room .... You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior).

Knock it off or I'll do my best to have the moderators enforce these rules. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to express ideas without blatantly insulting people.

Last edited by John D in CT; 10-12-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran a cutout its a better route than just being loud all the time .

Quick Reply: removing catalytic converter