2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got pulled over last night for License plate lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 PM
tatitup8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over last night for License plate lights?

well... didn't know my license plate lights were out... i got out of the ticket, but how should i go about this problem? i want to make them a bluish white like ive seen on some cars/trucks... is that just an LED or what? will the LED fit in the stockk housing? opinions?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tatitup8
well... didn't know my license plate lights were out... i got out of the ticket, but how should i go about this problem? i want to make them a bluish white like ive seen on some cars/trucks... is that just an LED or what? will the LED fit in the stockk housing? opinions?
This is too cool man, I got pulled over going to work Saturday morning (I work 4am-1pm) for?..... license plate lights. Which you also reminded me that I need to put in the new bulbs I got. Thanks man....

Old 10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Umm, replace them? Any chance the same cop that offered you 7K for your truck is the one that pulled you over? LOL

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...A|GRP2044_____

Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pulling a driver over for tag lights and/or tail or brake lights is a common ploy to check driver for warrants. Here on I20, they use this for drug interdiction stops, complete with dogs. You would think the runners would know to saty of this interstate by now.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put new bulbs in, plenty of light now

Old 10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
dlyter09
Champion

ive gotten pulled over more than once for plate lights.. they always seem to fall out of the housing no matter what i try and put on them to keep them in. so i just gave up on it lol

Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i try to do a circle check on my truck at least once a week. i usually do it on Friday night so that i know they all work for my drive to work on Saturday and Sunday. the lights i always forget to check is the license plate lights but i think i put brand new ones in them not that long ago. i was going to try install led lights in mine but it has not happened yet.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by zman17
Umm, replace them? Any chance the same cop that offered you 7K for your truck is the one that pulled you over? LOL

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...A|GRP2044_____

Lmao no, actually was my girlfriends uncles best friend..

Old 10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Originally Posted by gdstock
Pulling a driver over for tag lights and/or tail or brake lights is a common ploy to check driver for warrants. Here on I20, they use this for drug interdiction stops, complete with dogs. You would think the runners would know to saty of this interstate by now.
True story, I got nailed like that in a box truck, dogs, pat down, 6 squad cars. The dogs actually got a hit on both doors of the truck, damn co-workers smoking pot in the truck

Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 AM
intense00
Professional

Originally Posted by tatitup8

I just cut the connector off and put 1 LED in on each side. Then sealed them in with rtv silicone. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night for License plate lights?