2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHATS UP WITH MY TRUCK GUYS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:42 AM
whicker99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHATS UP WITH MY TRUCK GUYS?

OK today i decided to put my truck into 4x4 and after i did that i went forward then tried to turn RIGHT....then it made areally wierd noise like...something was broke so i stopped checked my tire it was fine so i did it again and the same thing happen..i can go forward, reverse but when i tried turning right it would want to stop and make a wierd noise. put it back into 2x4 and it does not make that noise while turning right everything is fine. i even checked my fluids and all full. i know my torque converter is bad!!! may this have somthign to do with it? plz help thanks. Truck is 1999 5.2 4x4 Sport.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Geken
Default RE: WHATS UP WITH MY TRUCK GUYS?

Hey, well hopefully when you say you decided to put your truck in 4x4 it wasn't on dry pavement. See if you use 4x4 on dry pavement it's going to want to buck, which I'm thinking is what you mean by weird noise and acting like it wants to stop. You should only use 4x4 in places where you're likely to lose traction ie sand, mud, snow, etc. Even rain is fine with 2wd and you'll probably still buck if you put it in 4x4 if it's just a small layer of water. If you just tried it on dry pavement and that's what happened then you just need to find a better place to try 4x4 and nothings wrong with the truck, hope this helps

Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 PM
cantloseon22s

its your u-joints.....i had the same problem

Old 07-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Spartan
Rookie

I would say its because your on dry pavement. You WILL get a hell of a lot of "hops" as i would describe it becase your wheels arent WANTING to turn at the same speed but are being FORCED to by various 4x4 parts...cant really explain cause i dont know how it works i simply know what it does and that you will tear **** up if you continue to do that.

P.S i agree with geken u dont even need it in rain and i still get the hops in the rain so i just use it in snow and thats it.

Quick Reply: WHATS UP WITH MY TRUCK GUYS?