2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to the forum and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Mopower96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum and need some help

Hi everyone im new to the forum and i need some help with my 96 ram. I have the stock 46re out after it finally quit with 120,000 miles and about 5,000 miles behind a performance built 5.9 so anyway i have the stock trans out and im replacing it with a patc mega viper i also pulled the flexplate off the engine to clean and inspect it. Now heres where the trouble starts stupid me forgot to mark the position the flexplate was in. I did qhen i built the motor but the marks have since faded or worn away. I know the 360 is external balance so it makes a big deal which way it goes back on because of engine balance and it would also make sence to me that if its not on right the engine will not run properly because the crank sensor reads off a certain spot on the flexplate. So basically i need to know which way the flexplate installs there are only 2 possible different ways to install it because of the bolt pattern

Last edited by Mopower96; 10-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I could be wrong, But,I don't think it matters. The balancer is on the front.

But, put it in one position and see where one of the notches for Crank sensor lines up. Rotate the flexplate to the other position and see if a notch lines up the same spot.

Quick Reply: New to the forum and need some help