2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

best dash cap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011 | 12:32 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by chadwall
Ok ok, sorry I asked. Someone can delete this thread if they like.
Calm down Chad.

Mistake #1 , "I was hoping to AVOID the use the search button referrals by asking for opinions and experience".

That's what it's there for . "opinions and experience".

#2, Not only did I do the search for you (that you could take a minute or so to read), I also provided the info about LMC truck . What more do you want?

Old 10-25-2011 | 12:34 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by zman17
Calm down Chad.

Mistake #1 , "I was hoping to AVOID the use the search button referrals by asking for opinions and experience".

#2, Not only did I do the search for you (that you could take a minute or so to read), I also provided the info about LMC truck . What more do you want?

Plus I threw in the dashskin link.

Old 10-25-2011 | 01:12 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I think theres some oil in the bottom of my intake. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM???

Old 10-25-2011 | 02:11 PM
chadwall
|
Professional

Sorry guys, I'm not getting upset. Just want some feedback from those with the caps. See if any particular brands have issues with install, or looks after. If color is so far off I might as well get it in black..

That's all I'm trying to find out before I buy one. I see prices range from $134 to $219.. just wanting to know if the more expensive ones are any different.

I appreciate the dashskin link, have you used the product? What was your experience.

Old 10-25-2011 | 02:12 PM
chadwall
|
Professional

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I think theres some oil in the bottom of my intake. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM???
I do not have this problem yet.. but I heard about a plenum or something...

Old 10-25-2011 | 02:14 PM
chadwall
|
Professional

Originally Posted by zman17
Calm down Chad.

The lmc one looks nice, have you used it? That company seems to make a lot of products, how's the fitment?

Old 10-25-2011 | 02:33 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Three sailors were sitting in a sleazy bar when this man walks in with a chicken...

Old 10-25-2011 | 02:41 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by chadwall
Sorry guys, I'm not getting upset. Just want some feedback from those with the caps. See if any particular brands have issues with install, or looks after. If color is so far off I might as well get it in black..

That's all I'm trying to find out before I buy one. I see prices range from $134 to $219.. just wanting to know if the more expensive ones are any different.

I appreciate the dashskin link, have you used the product? What was your experience.
No, I haven't tried it myself. I first saw a link for it on this site a while back, and unless I decide just to replace the dash I plan on buying from dashskin.

Old 10-25-2011 | 08:24 PM
Terribly
Rookie

Chadwall I do now feel sorry for you so I will answer any and all questions.... You may want to send a private message, but as far as color from LMC, its slightly off but not enough for any normal person to care. As far as fitment, Not the greatest, but keep in mind mind its slightly north of $100 so you cant ask for the world when you can save money by doing it on the cheap. The only problem I had was with the passenger side not being flush with the air bag and glove box, but I dont sit over there and hardly notice it unless Im cleaning the interior.

Old 10-26-2011 | 01:57 AM
chadwall
|
Professional

Originally Posted by Terribly
Chadwall I do now feel sorry for you so I will answer any and all questions.... You may want to send a private message, but as far as color from LMC, its slightly off but not enough for any normal person to care. As far as fitment, Not the greatest, but keep in mind mind its slightly north of $100 so you cant ask for the world when you can save money by doing it on the cheap. The only problem I had was with the passenger side not being flush with the air bag and glove box, but I dont sit over there and hardly notice it unless Im cleaning the interior.
That's awesome, thank you!

So overall, you are happy with it, and its better than before? One more question for you... How sturdy does it feel? Like would you dare throw a pair of binoculars up there, or a book?

Quick Reply: best dash cap?