2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

my seatbelts are locked up

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put Corbeau Baja SS seats in mine.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pics of them, and howd you have to modify your seat brackets to make them fit

Old 10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker

I put a picture of them in my album.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...my-95-ram.html

The seat bottoms just have tabs so they take the L-bracket to give you mounting holes. I pulled the sliders off of my stock seats to use on them. The front holes mount up just fine. The rear holes for the seats are set narrower than the sliders so I put a 18" piece of bar stock across and drilled 4 holes in it. When you mount the seats to the slider you have to add a couple washers to give some space for the adjuster to work. And there's a cable that attaches to the base and to the lever on the back of the seat so you can fold it forward. You just bend it down flat and out of the way. I then ran the door-side floor-mount for the lapbelt through the side cutout and just have it connect over the top of the seat to the buckle female (the female side isn't long enough to go through the side cutout and it would put the hard plastic against your hip.

I have a 95 so your base might be different. I believe 98 and up are. Also, I have a regular cab so I don't have a need to squeeze into a backseat. Non-adjustable front seats might cause some problems getting into the back. The L-bracket, depending on which side of the tabs you mount them, give you a little play left and right. I mounted mine so the seats were closer to the door to give room for the fold down center console.

Other items of note: I need to find my tilt lever so I can tilt up my steering wheel. The high sides of the seat make you squeeze between the steering wheel and the seat. I'd like to put a few more washers up front so the seats are tilted a little farther back. These seats suck you in. You don't move. So no more reaching across to the glove box. If you like chicks with junk in the trunk (like I do), they might not fit.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man those things look leaned wayyyyy back lol

Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

They see me rollin', they hatin'....
lol

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker

I'm not sure why they look that way. I thought that too when I've seen them in rigs but they really aren't. The angle is on their website but it isn't as far back as they look. I think it's because the sides are so high and they cut back at a sharp angle. But the seat back itself isn't that leaned back.

Quick Reply: my seatbelts are locked up