2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who sells a good heater core

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CappinHoff
Just doin there job, no need to be rude about it. I'm sure your none business won't hurt them.
Agreed.

They most likely want to be sure to get the right part no. Quality control is never a bad thing.

Every come across a situation where Customer gets what they want, only to come back and blame the store for giving them the wrong part under the guise of..."you're supposed to know better than me."

(no that is not me, but I've witnessed it front and center while waiting in line LOL)

Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
junkyardjeff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care if they ask if its a 4x4 or have a/c I just want quality parts.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by junkyardjeff
I dont care if they ask if its a 4x4 or have a/c I just want quality parts.
Amen to that...

Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Agreed.

They most likely want to be sure to get the right part no. Quality control is never a bad thing.

Every come across a situation where Customer gets what they want, only to come back and blame the store for giving them the wrong part under the guise of..."you're supposed to know better than me."

(no that is not me, but I've witnessed it front and center while waiting in line LOL)
Or the one where the customer comes in with the part# and gets that said part without all the question asking, only to comeback in and say they had the wrong part#. That one kills me every time. That is why they ask questions like they do.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When i have to come back to Autozone 4 times to get the right u-joint, after listing every item on my build sheet every time, it starts to get a little old.

EDIT: 318th post! Thats a good number.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 11-12-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

I just don't go to autozone. I don't care for the quality of parts that they sell. I most certainly will NOT buy anything electrical from them. Or any tuneup parts. Advance is right down the street, the folks there actually have a clue, and know my vehicles when I walk in the door. (not sure that is such a good thing though.....)

Old 11-12-2011, 04:16 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I just don't go to autozone. I don't care for the quality of parts that they sell. I most certainly will NOT buy anything electrical from them. Or any tuneup parts. Advance is right down the street, the folks there actually have a clue, and know my vehicles when I walk in the door. (not sure that is such a good thing though.....)
I usually have good luck with AutoZone. I haven't had a chance to break in the DuraCrap ball joints I bought and installed, so time will tell on that.

I use O'Reilly's some too. For this area AdvanceAuto is almost always the most expensive.

I usually stay away from Napa, I don't wanna pay top dollar for a name, but again parts in this area for whatever reason are high.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:42 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't like Autozone's part either. Advance Auto is OK for some things. I'll never buy a bearing from Advance though.

I bought a wheel bearing for the grand am I had in 1999 and after I exchanged it 4 times they told me they won't do it again. I bought the lifetime warrenty one. ALL 4 were exchanged with-in 2 MONTHS. They also told me there was something wrong with my car, and thats why they were going bad. I told them to shove it up their *** and give my money back.

Went to NAPA and got one, put it in, and never had a problem after.

Also got a throw out bearing from them for the 240sx (RIP) and after pulled the tranny it was wrong. Took it back and they insisted it was correct even though I had the old one with me and was showing them it was different.

Long story short, I ended going to the dealer for it.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
SilverSS
Captain

I think that in general Napa seems to have better quality parts. I got a heater core for my blazer there and no problems yet but it's only been 1 1/2 years. The one here dropped their prices and changed store hours to try and be more competitive with advanced auto. Sometimes they're cheaper. I hate it when I needed something for my s10 with the v8 or Monte with a big block and they still insist on knowing the year make and model. I explain it to them then they do it anyway and tell me they don't have a listing for it. Lol

Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
matt72991
Professional

ive never liked autozone. they don't seem as knowledgeable every time i go in there. the only reason i go there is if advanced auto doesn't have what i need and i need it now. other than that advanced every time. the people all know me there its awesome.

Quick Reply: Who sells a good heater core