2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Some Advice with Park Rod/Sprag

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
r0ll0e
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Advice with Park Rod/Sprag

I finally got around to doing my vb service. Got that all finished up, but trying to install this thing is really kicking my ***. Thought I had the e clip in a couple of times but this last attempt the damn park rod/sprag came all the way out. I've checked the fsm and other threads for any info on getting that thing back in their the right way but I can't find anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:52 PM
r0ll0e

OK, I found it. Took a few hours though. Here's the link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/4...09/index2.html, you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page. It's like the last three pics. I have never done this before, so sorry to everyone if this was sort of a newbie question. Hope this helps the next guy.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

use a telescopic magnet to get it back in it's place. Either that, or drop the valve body and do it over again.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r0ll0e
I finally got around to doing my vb service. Got that all finished up, but trying to install this thing is really kicking my ***. Thought I had the e clip in a couple of times but this last attempt the damn park rod/sprag came all the way out. I've checked the fsm and other threads for any info on getting that thing back in their the right way but I can't find anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
It's a bitch....You have to get the rear tires off the ground so you can rotate them a bit to get it to lock in...It's been awhile but I remember holding the valve body up and using my foot to move the tires.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
r0ll0e

Ok, from what you guys are telling me and what I read, I put it back in and I can feel the park rod jump in to place (I think). For peace of mind I have been taking in and out to make sure it's right. Tell me if this sounds right to you guys. To take it back out I have to apply more pressure and it will jump out, to get it back in I slip it in and it jumps in back in their. Does this sound right. The opening is very small and the tranny is in the truck, I've been using a mirror and light to see in their, but having found any pictures of what it looks like once it's in their. thanks for help

Quick Reply: Need Some Advice with Park Rod/Sprag