2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Reverse Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005 | 05:07 AM
rgrbecvar
Default Reverse Problems

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 XLT 4x4 with roughly 89,000 miles on it. It's used but not abused. The other day while out driving it I used my reverse twice annd it worked perfectly fine and the third time when I got home and put it into reverse it made the noise like it was in gear but it didn't go anywhere. Can anyone help me out here? Is there a reverse sensor or something that needs to be changed or something? The only thing I know about these newer Dodges is that they got sensors for about everything. I checked the trany fluid level and it is not discolored nor low. No burnt smell either. It just quit working in Reverse for some reason. The forward gears are working fine. If anyone has experienced this problem I'd be interested in what you did to correct this proble. Also if it is just a sensor that is for Reverse where is it located? Thanks Jeff

Quick Reply: Reverse Problems