2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1 Stop Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:42 AM
mcweaver
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poorboy thanks for doing the research for that!

cleaningman, did the trans hold up well? How many miles did you get on it?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
terrapin88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This caught my attention because I might be in the market for a rebuild.

I'm in MA and the shipping is $400 round trip (same as FL) which covers your core being returned to them. 14 day return policy and buyer pays return shipping. I'm guessing that means round trip again at $400. They have 296 feadback this minute, but when I read down a few pages of them I noticed not all of the feedbacks are for rebuilt trannys. He sells manuals and other things too.

I'm not trying to poop on anyone's parade, but since my money tree died I'm on a budget, and though it seems like a good deal I am concerned about the shipping costs. Double that if you have to return it under warranty. I guess for me it's going to depend on what kind of rebuild quotes I hear from the local shops I call tomorrow to figure out if 1 stop will be an acceptable risk money wise for me.

Anyone had one in a Ram yet? I'm very interested to get some first hand opinions on 1 stop's trannys.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

If you have to return it...... you would have been better of with a local rebuild. Which have the advantage of being able to go and SEE someone face to face. I understand that cost is a big factor though....

Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
mcweaver
Professional

I'm still trying to figure out what to do and haven't made a decision yet. I too am worried about the shipping cost especially if it has to be returned. Getting a local shop to rebuild mine would be in 1500 - 2000 range...

Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by mcweaver
I'm still trying to figure out what to do and haven't made a decision yet. I too am worried about the shipping cost especially if it has to be returned. Getting a local shop to rebuild mine would be in 1500 - 2000 range...
Grab a used one for a couple hundred bucks, slap that into the truck, and rebuild your takeout yourself. There are LOTS of resources here for just such an exercise. (assuming you have a place that you can do it.....)

Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
mcweaver
Professional

That may be a good idea, just not sure I have the time to do a rebuild right now. If the used trans lasted for only a few weeks it would put me in a bind if I wasn't done.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

See if you can get one with a 90 day warranty.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hhhmmm... They have excellent feedback, good warranty, good pricing, and by reading their feedback, very good customer service as well. Looks like these guys are trying to make a good impression (only 200 feedback), and are doing a great job at it. Would like to see some reviews from folks that have had the trans for a while though...... for the price, looks pretty good. You would have a hard time even doing a home rebuild for that money. (wonder if they do upgrades. )
You could message some of the buyers who have had them a while? I've been looking at ebay rebuilt trannies lately as well since mine quit working right.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

hard to believe they have 1,020 or more trannies.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
terrapin88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I messaged one of the buyer on ebay to ask how the tranny is holding out (he bought one over a year ago) but no reply.

I think I found a decent shop in my area. My truck is going there tomorrow for them to check it out. Diagnosis is free from this shop. He wants to drive it then plug it in to his computer. I've got everything I can cross, crossed hoping for the best (cheapest) scenario.

To the OP- Let us know what you decide and the results. Inquiring minds want to know. Best of luck.

Chris-

Quick Reply: 1 Stop Transmissions