2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Little help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
2000RamHead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Little help please!

hey guys, its been awhile since I been on so these questions might have already answered, so bear with me. first question is when I have the gas pedal pushed half way my heater fan switch to defrost automatically no matter what I have the **** turned to, it just goes to defroster and then when I let off the throttle or mat the pedal it switchs back??? Second is that the other day I was lookin around under the dash, checkin to see if the previous owner ever had a brake controller hooked up and I noticed two metal toggle switches and I have no idea what they go to, they r under the steering wheel amongst all the wires kinda hidden. If anyone can shed some light on these questions it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Search for "wild vents". You'll find everything you need to know. As far as the toggles, I, nor probably anyone else would have have no idea. You just need to trace the wires to see where they go.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pass seat ejection??????????

Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Pass seat ejection??????????
Maybe I need to recant my opinion on the "no ideas" about the toggles then.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
2000RamHead

yea I wish that would be cool, but I did flip them a couple of times with engine off and on and nothing happened. No big deal was just wonderin if anybody else had them on there truck and noticed them. thanks for the help guys!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
gdstock
Legend

The toogles will not be factory - just something a previous owner installed. Check under the hood and under tha dash for something that is not factory. Then again, he may have removed it and just left the switches.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

They are so when you are driving down the road and you see a bad guy you can morph into the Defender.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 AM
LoneWolfArcher
Professional

Originally Posted by 2000RamHead
hey guys, its been awhile since I been on so these questions might have already answered, so bear with me. first question is when I have the gas pedal pushed half way my heater fan switch to defrost automatically no matter what I have the **** turned to, it just goes to defroster and then when I let off the throttle or mat the pedal it switchs back??? Second is that the other day I was lookin around under the dash, checkin to see if the previous owner ever had a brake controller hooked up and I noticed two metal toggle switches and I have no idea what they go to, they r under the steering wheel amongst all the wires kinda hidden. If anyone can shed some light on these questions it would be much appreciated, thanks.
My ram has the brake controller still hooked up. And I am having an electrical issue (headlights don't come on unless brights are engaged). What were your worries with the brake controller? Just wondering if he'd done heavy towing?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 PM
2000RamHead

My boss gave me a controller out of one of our work trucks that he sold and I thought the previous owner of my truck had said he had a controller hooked up but took it out but I wasnt sure so I was just checkin, dont know if I am gonna hook it up yet. I only haul a trailer worth a controller once maybe twice a year.