2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Custom CAI Add-On Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom CAI Add-On Opinions

I have a AEM brute force cold air intake. I have read a lot around here and found out that the only thing it really does is suck more air with less restriction and a little cooler because of heat shield. But my dad has his stock 2005 Cummins air box tube that connects air box to where ever it sucks from laying around and i'm thinking of customizing it to go in between headlight and radiator then to my CAI box to get cooler air while driving instead of just the fender well. In the middle section of the tube it has a t section with like holes all in it could this be a water separator device? My real question is would this be worth it and can it be done simply?

Old 12-05-2011, 12:23 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Water separator? dunno. Can you post pics?

Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Dycrow27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah ill do that tomorrow after school. im not sure what it is that's just the only reason i would think something would be in it.

Quick Reply: Custom CAI Add-On Opinions