2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need alarm/remote starter help with 98 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need alarm/remote starter help with 98 Ram

Hopefully someone can help me out with this one. I'm no newbie when it comes to wiring or alarms, but for some reason I'm having difficulty with this install. The unit is a Crimestopper CS-2015FM, and it's going into my 98 Ram. I have the majority of it wired up (need to wire up the locks and siren yet), so I plugged the harnesses into the control module and proceeded to try to program the remotes. The unit is totally unresponsive. I've triple and quadruple checked my wiring, and that's all fine, so that's not the problem. I did some digging around, and it turns out my truck came with the factory security system (I had no idea since I bought the rig used). I'm assuming that the factory security system is what's keeping my aftermarket unit from working. Is there a factory alarm bypass module i can buy for cheap, or do I have to take the time to wire in my own bypass using a couple relays?

Quick Reply: Need alarm/remote starter help with 98 Ram