2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittant running issue 97 ram 5.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:16 PM
buker2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK i unplugged the 02 and driven quite a bit and all seems good, i have not had the issue i mentioned yet i will try and drive more later and tomorrow if the issue doesn't arise i will purchase the new unit and install. checked code again when c.e.l light came on and got same codes after removing terminals and clearing light so im sure 02 is the issue for sure and its on again due to 02 being unplugged if anyone has a thought on this please let me know .... thanks everyone for your help im pretty mechanically included but that one and o2 code thru me in a loop i honestly have never seen an o2 cause those issues ..

Old 12-10-2011, 04:25 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok that's awesome it works. Now, take 5 minutes and add all the info about your truck to your Sig and Profile. Of course now that the truck runs, you'll most likely not be back until you have another problem.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buker2006
so im sure 02 is the issue for sure and its on again due to 02 being unplugged if anyone has a thought on this please let me know
Yep, you'll get a code when it's unplugged. The tricky part is getting one when it's plugged in! Usually we've got the truck fixed before the code ever occurs. One guy went down that same road and after several months of fooling with it, he was on his way home with the new part in his pocket when the CEL finally came on.

Nuthin' to it but to do it.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
buker2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol .... no ill enter info and ill be back. i love reading forums im a member on one for all my vehicles past present....... there is some cool **** on them and i like to help if i can

but love the reads and knowledge you can gain ....

and again thanks all of you who posted ive been out all night with truck and no problem as of yet so monday ill grab and new o2 and get it installed ... thanks so much

Quick Reply: Intermittant running issue 97 ram 5.2