2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front end question

A couple weeks ago I replaced the hub on the drivers side. Over the last week and a half, I could feel a knocking in the pass side especially when I'm turning left, so my first thought was the bearings, so I would replace the hub on that side. I jacked up the truck today and grabbed onto the tire to see if there was any movement, and there wasn't (The driver side had play). So could it still be the hub or should I keep looking for something else. I didn't check anything else on the front end because it was too dark and I couldn't find my maglight.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
botta
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the tire off and spin the hub, if its bad there should be a warp in the spin. if there is not then take the hub off and see if the hub is still tight.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Easier to try to move it by the tire. You get more leverage that way.

I've had bad ones that would move all over the place by grabbing the tire. Took it off and couldn't get any movement from it by hand.

Quick Reply: Front end question