2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new to dodge forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man thats sucks! i know its a pretty long drive, but there is a guy up in houlton, me that has literally thousands of 2nd gen parts, and hes really cheap too.

you could buy the truck back, and with whatever you have left from the insurance co. you could fix your truck on the cheap side if you know how to do the stuff yourself.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by maine express
here is a list of the damaged parts, right front tire, rim, fender, cracked the ball joint, bent the inner and outer tie rods(left and right), bent the steering damper, bent the track bar, bent the trailing arm, cracked the steering gearbox, bent the sway bar, cracked the radiator, broken grill, cracked dashboard, broke the axle in the front, they did not tell me why the left rear tire was locked up. total distance the truck slid on the pavement was about 100 feet, then about 60 feet befor it hit the pine tree and other small trees.Truck was facing back the way I was going. I would have thought it would have been cheeper for them to fix it insted of paying it off (minus my deductable) but I guess im not in debt anymore for 3 years at a buy here pay here place. Its a sad day when you dont have a car/truck long enough to even use up all the gas from filling it up once, think I drove it 100 miles.
They will pretty muck total these trucks no adays if you scratch the paint.... They gas guzzling value dropping lead sinkers...

I would have thought You would have to have been going pretty good when it happened to cause such a skid? I could be wrong but I really dont see how 35mph could cause you to skid 160ft...especially 60 ft off road into the woods and still hit with such force? these truck dont even move that well with the brakes off
Consider yourself one lucky guy...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-29-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
maine express
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the road i was driving on had not been plowed for 2 days, under all the snow and frozen slush was black ice 0 deg that night up here. my truck had one of the progressive snapshot devices in it they can record mph and 35 was the fastest i was going. Sadly no money left over from the pay out, becous of my deductable ($1,000) i still owe the buy here pay here place $700. and the loan/lease pay off protection I also added on wont be counted (kinda bs i think) I have had cars,suv slid befor on ice but as you said never that far but it just slid and kept going, only thing I could think of at the time was I hope that I dont hit that big pine tree head on, I wear glasses and did not want the air bag to go off. 2 of the pics (bad ones) are in the gallery under gold 01. I work at walmart and it is making me wonder if that dodge hated the sight of the store and wanted to become a tree hugger insted. Whoever gets that truck should be happy when I got it they told me that transmission had be rebuild 500 miles ago.

Quick Reply: new to dodge forum