2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Axle Shift Motor Vacuum Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:27 PM
BOB_LOVES_HIS_RAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Axle Shift Motor Vacuum Harness

Hi there Ramsters, Where can I find an online source to purchase axle shift motor vacuum harness that runs from the shift motor to vacuum lines to transmission, I guess? Lines are red and black in protective harness about foot - foot and a half in length. I found one source but the site said $260.00. Can't be right. Here's the site address where it seems they want 260.00 http://www.factorychryslerparts.com Chrysler can't be that crazy?!!!!!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

A JY or the dealer is going to be the only choice . You could however bend your own steel line and use rubber vacuum hose. Another option is to buy one of these and eliminate the vacuum all together. http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/

Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
BOB_LOVES_HIS_RAM
Talking axle shift vacuum harness

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I'm going to switch to the posi/lock at some point. I was able to determine that the price quote for the for that harness was wrong. I found the correct harness and price at the same site. Cost: around $30.00 Mt Ram is a `97 1500 Laramie 215,000 mi. The truck is in fantastic shape; appearance and mechanically. Bought it a year ago from the first owner. Paid $3000.00 So I feel like its worth my while to switch it over to the posi/loc. What am I looking at in level of difficulty and how much time will it take to do it?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm the wrong person to ask. LOL I didn't like mine, but only because it's another thing you have to do and undo(the extra ****). And I feel it's quite easy to keep up with the factory vac system. The posi lok does have the advantage of being able to be in 2wd low.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Takes an hour or two to install. Pretty easy. Go to their site, print off the directions, walk through it on the truck as if you were doing it, order, install. That way you know what's involved before you spend the cash.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
BOB_LOVES_HIS_RAM

Yeah, I did that this afternoon while I had the truck up on jacks doing a lube and it seems to be a simple enough process. While I was on the creeper doing that, I was able look over the rest of the 4wd and it looks like its all in pretty good shape so zman I think I like your idea to just leave it as it is and keep up the pm and maintain it as needed. I do snow removal, but I don't plow with my truck, I pull a trailer with 750 Kawasaki and a couple of snow throwers. However, we haven't had any snow here yet (Wisc) which is killing me.

Quick Reply: Axle Shift Motor Vacuum Harness