2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Halo's Are Staying On

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo's Are Staying On

I just recently bought a pair of halo projector headlights with the 2 halos 3 LED's and a light bar in them and i wired them up to my parking lights and in return they work perfect minus the fact that they are staying on 24/7. There are not on 100% but very dim. You cant notice it till it gets dark but my battery is weak as is and i don't want to have to charge it everyday. I want it so my "Accesory" lights will stay on when my lights are on but shut off when i turn my lights off.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dycrow27
I just recently bought a pair of halo projector headlights with the 2 halos 3 LED's and a light bar in them and i wired them up to my parking lights and in return they work perfect minus the fact that they are staying on 24/7. There are not on 100% but very dim. You cant notice it till it gets dark but my battery is weak as is and i don't want to have to charge it everyday. I want it so my "Accesory" lights will stay on when my lights are on but shut off when i turn my lights off.
your supposed to wire them up with your marker lights...I have my leds set to flash with the blinker alternately...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Dycrow27
Veteran

Marker lights? and how do you get the 3 LED's to go with your blinker wire them up the same way that i got them now? I haven't tried the blinker yet so idk if it does it or not. Ok wire halos and light bar to marker lights and 3 LED's to my parking light so they work with blinker? I just need to know if that's right and where the marker lights are.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Marker lights? and how do you get the 3 LED's to go with your blinker wire them up the same way that i got them now? I haven't tried the blinker yet so idk if it does it or not. Ok wire halos and light bar to marker lights and 3 LED's to my parking light so they work with blinker? I just need to know if that's right and where the marker lights are.
i actually wired both my light bar and leds to the blinker circut (they stay on when the blinker isnt flashing... the halos I wired with the running lights...I think if you do a search here youll find a threee year old thread where I might have explained the the wire colors and exact setup..

Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran

Alright ill look that up right now. on another note i unplugged the positive wire to all the LED's, Halo's, and light bar and the negative was still plugged in and i had the same problem still?? The halos are staying on because of the negative wire.......... I have done LOTS of wiring for systems and lights etc... but i have never had a problem like this.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Alright ill look that up right now. on another note i unplugged the positive wire to all the LED's, Halo's, and light bar and the negative was still plugged in and i had the same problem still?? The halos are staying on because of the negative wire.......... I have done LOTS of wiring for systems and lights etc... but i have never had a problem like this.
are you assuming its negative? have you checked for continuity to the frame? the wires are white and black...I wired mine so the black were positive and white were ground (like household wiring)with running lights I cant remember but I dont think either is just plain ground... remember you have the flasher and all involved..their may be voltage leaking through the flasher or something.... If I hadnt done such a good taping job I could have just look at mine and tell you what I did...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-10-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I had my leds tap'd to the marker lights. No issues with voltage leaking. I used the ground too off of the marker light.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I had my leds tap'd to the marker lights. No issues with voltage leaking. I used the ground too off of the marker light.
I though that what I did to...but I remember there was a green wire I used to flash maybe he has a wire crossed or voltage leaking to the ground?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran

When you say marker light do you mean the amber bulb?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

When you say marker light do you mean the amber bulb?
yes the one that comes on when you pull the switch out half way...

Quick Reply: Halo's Are Staying On