2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Halo's Are Staying On

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a turn switch so its one turn to the right i was referring to the marker light as the parking light. If i unplug everything and use just the halo wires. I can touch them to a ground on my frame and they will light up but very dim....... yes im sure its negative not the positive and if i touch the positive to the battery it lights up all the way. I tried doing positive to marker light (Positive wire) and negative to a "switched" negative on my fog lights. This worked....... no light was on until i turn my fog lights on. but of course i cant do this because i would ride around with my fog lights on all the time. Are there any other grounds that only come on when i turn my key or lights on??

Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran

NVm i blew both bulbs in passenger side by disconnecting the little circuit board on light wires and connecting them. I just use the LEDs and the light bar. They didnt work with anything but a switched ground and i couldnt find one besides my fogs.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM
J-Ham

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. I bought the Spec-d halo headlights. With my lights off I have a glow on the halos. Everything else on the lights work the way they should......its just the glow when the lights are off.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,271 Likes on 3,018 Posts

Where do the halos get power from? The usual headlight circuit? Keep in mind, that Dodge, in its infinite wisdom..... has the headlight switch control the GROUND side of the circuit. Headlights ALWAYS have power, regardless of switch position.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
J-Ham
Old 12-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Chris Gordon

I got the same exact headlights... did you ever figure this out??

Quick Reply: Halo's Are Staying On