2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new motor. idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What injectors are you using, you say 24lbs injectors but @ what psi. I have 25.71 injectors in my truck and well its a little fat when cold it trims out nice once its @ opt temp.

For setting the idle with a set screw, I won’t matter what you set that screw at the IAC will override it and try to compensate for what you have done. I would also think that by adjusting an idle screw you are throwing out the tps setting/signal going to the pcm, set it back to where it was org if you can. I can find zero info on setting the idle speed in the fsm.

Like others have posted you need to get the fuel sync checked/set

Old 01-15-2012, 05:30 PM
sam_priem
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mo-power
i have the hughes air gap intake so the plenum pan is not a possibility
missed that

but like heyyou said if you wiggle the IAC plug and the engine acts goofy, thats something that needs to be addressed. if the sensor is new and plug looks good, i would look for damaged wires going from the plug to the harness.

Quick Reply: new motor. idle problems