2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hood spring is broken

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

lol. that is a pretty good deal for a truck. even if you have to prop the hood open with a stick. i don't think used hinges would be too expensive since i doubt there in too high of demand. when was the last time someone broke a hood hinge?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:46 PM
sam_priem
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetTooth
So the spring itself isn't bolted to anything? Just the bolts on the hood and at the bottom? Nothing on the side? Just making sure, going to junk yard soon. So I can always tear up their stuff to figure out how to do it. Does 98 - 00 work with 97 dodge hinges? It's hard to find older dodges at the one I go to.
the spring just rests on a small rod thats welded on the the hinge itself. theres 2 bolts holding the whole assembly to the hood. then there is another 3? bolts holding it to the inner fender. i believe theres 2 facing the outer fender and one inside the engine bay area. the whole hinge and spring assembly comes off. and yes the hinges will work from 94-2001. the only thing thats different about these years is that from 99?-2001, the sport had a different grille and front bumper. other than that theyre the same.

Quick Reply: Hood spring is broken