2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!! Back up light issue!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
fyafyta
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Wanted to let you know that the simple problem is solved. I went to Dodge dealer here in town and they printed me the map for the fuse box under the hood. Found that the fuse supplying juice was for the trailer plug. That being said. GTX, you were half right. It was a short. Just not do to worn wire. HeyYou, thank you for pointing in the direction of the trailer plug. Found that one of the prongs was pretty much gone. It was a factory plug so it was a pretty much sealed unit. Sense it was junk any how, I drilled it apart and found it was shorting out inside the plug itself. Parts stores want around 44 bucks for a replacement. I don't vow anything with the truck so I just unplugged it from factory plug and pulled the fuse so no power goes back there to prevent further corrosion. Easy fix to a way thought out issue on my end. Lol. Oh and Vaughan, I wasn't able to download the manual from the link you gave me. Said something about not being able to find a program to read it. Oh well thanks any way.

A big thank you to you guys for you input.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Back up light issue!