2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 ram van starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
b2500ramvan01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
WhiteNuckle covered it but I was gonna suggest using a torch to heat it up a bit....Should break free then with proper amount of force....
well i tried everything under the sun and broke down and got a new bungion nut drilled a new hole welded bungion and installed new 02 sensor
the truck has been running since i cleaned the plugs and let the engine air out for the day (was strong with gas fumes ) so she is firing upo every time i reset all 02 codes and havent seen a return yet but its only been a day

white knuckle thank you for everything
i did drive it before installing the sensor and it seemed about the same
i do experience some power loss since i got the van but have put 100.000 on her since then but i think your plenum gasket suggestion is applicable to my van i do lose oil about a quart every month and it just seems to vanish not really burning pil that i can see
but for now its back to work for my van finally
when i do look into the plenum i will post results here

this forum is awe-sum guys thanks to all
i will be checking in from time to time and knowing my van probably sooner than later

Old 02-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Your welcome. I try to be a part of the high quality around here.

When you changed the plugs...how did the all look? Specifically #8?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
b2500ramvan01

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Your welcome. I try to be a part of the high quality around here.

When you changed the plugs...how did the all look? Specifically #8?
not sure they were all fouled with fuel bad i think i just flooded it out
is # 8 the front left ? (drivers side) if so i do recall that one may have been carboned up as well
they were only like 6 months old i do think the plenum is prob blown though !
does the plenum gasket issue cause the cat to clog or is a clogged cat the reason foer the bad plenum gasket (tonge twister )
i saw an issue here where the pl gasket make people think the distributor gasket /seal is bad ,i have some oil around my distributor seal so im not sure witch one is causing this .
is it a big job to pull the pl gasket ? i have seen the thread but it does not really describe what is involved

Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by b2500ramvan01
not sure they were all fouled with fuel bad i think i just flooded it out
is # 8 the front left ? (drivers side) if so i do recall that one may have been carboned up as well
they were only like 6 months old i do think the plenum is prob blown though !
does the plenum gasket issue cause the cat to clog or is a clogged cat the reason foer the bad plenum gasket (tonge twister )
i saw an issue here where the pl gasket make people think the distributor gasket /seal is bad ,i have some oil around my distributor seal so im not sure witch one is causing this .
is it a big job to pull the pl gasket ? i have seen the thread but it does not really describe what is involved
I guess you are trying to diagnose the problems you have with out even downloading the free FSM for a Ram, which at the least has the same motor, or buying a Haynes? #8 is on the passenger side rear.

Name:  firing_order.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  21.1 KB

And in the FAQ/DIY section, there is at least one thread (DIY) without pics, but thats where the manuals come in to play.

Last edited by zman17; 02-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM
b2500ramvan01

Originally Posted by zman17
I guess you are trying to diagnose the problems you have with out even downloading the free FSM for a Ram, which at the least has the same motor, or buying a Haynes? #8 is on the passenger side rear.

And in the FAQ/DIY section, there is at least one thread (DIY) without pics, but thats where the manuals come in to play.
thanks i will look those up

Quick Reply: 01 ram van starting problems