2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Steering fluid or Transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Obiejuankinobie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering fluid or Transmission fluid

Quick question, on the way to work yesterday I had a humming noise when I turned the steering wheel while in a curve. I thought ...Am I hearing things? Was that power steering noise. Well I got to work and forgot all about it. Until I went out later at night to get my wife a salad from the drive thru at Portillo's. All of a sudden I needed super human strength to turn the wheel. I just barely got out the drive thru. Now with my muscles popping through my jacket trying to turn into the driveway I park my truck and find a bottle of power steeing fluid with about 2 ounces left in it. I pour it in and the level never came up to the top. So I figure I need MORE cause the 2 ounces did nothing. So after my long winded post what should I replace it with? I saw on the Gen 3 board them boys use ATF-4 in their power steering pump per their manual. What about us Gen 2 dudes Power steering juice or trans fluild.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:48 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me crazy, but I use power steering fluid. I'm a wild one

Quick Reply: Power Steering fluid or Transmission fluid