2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

general grabber at2 studdable any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default general grabber at2 studdable any ideas?

I saw these tires online now I dont know much about tires said it said there speed rated q&I wanna say load range c.Not sure how many ply.Gonna call about em tomorrow.Has anybody ran em?If so are the worth it or should I get something more expensive?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Lone136
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my truck and they have been good to me. Nice ride and not to loud. ALso work great in the snow here in Pa when we get snow.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Originally Posted by Lone136
I have them on my truck and they have been good to me. Nice ride and not to loud. ALso work great in the snow here in Pa when we get snow.
For some reason on the discount tire site it says there not recommended in heavy snow...maybe thats reallg heavy?Idk.Thats what Im worried about were in Missouri &Ive never seen a winter like this but we usually get a fair amount of snow&my driveway out here in the sticks is pretty long&down hill &weve been stuck for up to a week before.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Lone136
Veteran

Well, I have a snow plow on my Ram and 6 + inches of lift and I have never had a better tire in my book. Being a man going on 50 years old I have had a few sets of tires in my life that beinbg said I would buy these tires again even if I had to pay more for them. The ware is very good you just have to take care of them as with any other tires.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cutthroatxxx
For some reason on the discount tire site it says there not recommended in heavy snow...maybe thats reallg heavy?Idk.Thats what Im worried about were in Missouri &Ive never seen a winter like this but we usually get a fair amount of snow&my driveway out here in the sticks is pretty long&down hill &weve been stuck for up to a week before.
You'll be fine with the grabbers where you live. They are awesome tires. Great in snow. And yes great in heavy snow. Read the reviews on tirerack.com. You will see.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Thanks guys!Im waiting to see if I can work out a deal to get this other guys ram.It has a lift&new tires.If I can get it@the right price Ill either drive it or put the tires on my truck.If not Ill go buy the general grabbers &invest some more money into my truck.Still only 130xxx on it for a 95 thats pretty good.This is the first truck Ive owned &cant see how I went all of these years without one!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Just read up on em on tire rack...only a few of the tires say not rated for severe snow.One being the size I need 35/12.50.15

Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Lone136
Veteran

Mine are 35/12.50/16 and as I stated before , they work very well in the snow. Sounds like someone don't know how to drive in the snow. The tires aren't the problem it's the driver.

Quick Reply: general grabber at2 studdable any ideas?