2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1999 another weird noise on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
snookhooked
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 another weird noise on my truck

I had a post in here earlier about truck not getting hot but water sighs on dipstick. anyway, I haven't been able to drain the oil again yet to make sure the head gaskets aren't leaking. Its been sitting so I took it for a short drive and notice a new sound. Its sounds like water running around. Cant explain how for sure since I really dont know how to explain it.lol. almost like its bubbling, anyway it sounds like its at the top near the dashboard. when you accelerate thats when its louder. does this make any sense and has anyone ever had this type of sound? Its almost like to can hear it running around up there.

I mean my income tax is soon to get here and I am planning on replacing all the gaskets down to the head gaskets, timing belt and gasket, water pump and radiator. Since there is water on the dipstick all the way to the top. I just dont want to go through al this and find a leak may be going on near the heater core? things turning into a nightmare. lol

Old 02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
ministock6
Rookie

the noise you are hearing is air in the coolant system, probably low on coolant, and its takes some time to get it out, burping the system or driving it, sounds like its in the dash on passenger side?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 PM
snookhooked
Professional

Yes. Thanks. It was way down due to radiator leaking as well as sitting. I had just filled it up for a short drive. I was like not a new problem lol sounds like a fish tank wheel for the filter. lol

Quick Reply: 1999 another weird noise on my truck