2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone using Heim joints on track bar?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012 | 04:30 PM
Capt. Obvious
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Capt Obvious.... you pretty close to Prairie City?
kinda sorta. bout hr and a half. depends on how bigga hurry im in. haven't been there in years though. last time i was there was for the outdoor nationals.

Old 02-11-2012 | 04:35 PM
Capt. Obvious
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lone136
I think the heims will work well, but they are just like any thing else, you have to service them just like other parts.
okay, how would you service them? i thought they are constructed like ball joints? without Zerks

on a sidenote, i was talking with a rockcrawler friend and he was claimin' the Heims were not DOT approved for Hwy. anybody confirm or deny that??

Old 02-11-2012 | 05:38 PM
1nordictom1
Amateur

Any of the high quality hiems (FK, NHBB) won't be able to be serviced. If you want to.... make a trac bar with Delrin bushings in both ends. You can always drill & tap the bushing & instal a grease zerk.

It's your choice, but think of it this way, an off road race car (desert), it is prepped after race, so, someone is looking at the hiems every 250 to 1000 miles. I see you live in NorCal, I live in SoCal. So, for an example, I had hiems on my Jeep GC track bar, (I built it myself), & using the $35 FK rod ends, I would only get 1000 miles out of them. That's with using the trick rubber seals to keep the dirt/water out. Not hard miles either. Needless to say, I went to delrin bushings,

Just for info:
KarTek.com, Baker Precision.com, Aircraft Spruce.com & others, check out their websites. lots of info on parts.

just my $.02

NT

Quick Reply: anyone using Heim joints on track bar?