2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

315/75 r16

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I run 35" tires with 15x9 rims...(12.5 wide) the minumum is 8.5" wide and recommended is actually 10" wide...I get a bit of rubbing so I recomment 5 inches of lift and changing the gears to compensate for all the power your gonna lose and the greater pressure it will put on the drivetrain and transmission... with 35" tires 4.56 gears will bring power and load back to stock range and improve mpg.

A lot of people ignore this because it costs more to do it right and after lifting and putting the big tires on they sell it because its an underpowered dog to drive, gets terrible gas mileage and things break a lot...

Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
realtreebowhunter44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I run 35" tires with 15x9 rims...(12.5 wide) the minumum is 8.5" wide and recommended is actually 10" wide...I get a bit of rubbing so I recomment 5 inches of lift and changing the gears to compensate for all the power your gonna lose and the greater pressure it will put on the drivetrain and transmission... with 35" tires 4.56 gears will bring power and load back to stock range and improve mpg.

A lot of people ignore this because it costs more to do it right and after lifting and putting the big tires on they sell it because its an underpowered dog to drive, gets terrible gas mileage and things break a lot...

what kind of gas mileage are you getting

Quick Reply: 315/75 r16