2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:54 PM
sanesalvation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Question

So i have a 3 inch bodylift on my truck already, and i wanted to add a 3 inch suspension lift aswell. and i was just wondering if i need to modify stuff like brake lines etc? i didnt know if the three inch lift max only counted just for suspension or combined. and input will be greatly appreciated ^.^

Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

A 3" suspension is the max you can go with stock lower control arms, the 3" body lift won't effect the front end geometry at all but I'm not sure if the brake line would be long enough if your suspension went into a full droop.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^What he said.

Call the company that you are considering ordering from, get a knowledgeable rep on the line, and ask your question.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Terribly
Rookie

I'm running the 3in BL and a 2in leveling kit on mine and I will tell you that my brake lines are almost maxed out. The real problems are the vaccuum lines going to the front diff actuator. I had to get longer lines because mine popped off the first time I put my truck on a lift at work. I would still recommend getting extended stainless braided lines anyways since our trucks are over ten years old and the rubber doesnt last forever

Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 PM
sanesalvation

Thanks everyone, i might just go with a 2 inch lift if that will work, and ill replace lines and what not if need be. ill post pictures and such if i ever come around to doing it soon. i was going to order off of topguncustomz http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...iview=25473996 because it isnt expesnive as ive seen

Quick Reply: Lift Question