2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got stuck in mud...now windows dont work

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Kentucky Fried Redneck
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Got stuck in mud...now windows dont work

I'm just wondering if y'all might have a freakin clue on this cuz it's got me puzzled. I was testing out the transfer case and making sure my 4 hi and lo worked after a trans rebuild. Well I got the damn thing stuck in the mud and sank it to the axle. Had a wrecker pull me out and now the power windows don't work!?!? I got the passenger window back up but the driver window still wont go up, and the passenger window wont go back down. I'm figuring it's something in the electrical, but not sure what or where. ANY help is appreciated!!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:11 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got power to the fuse box?
fuse blown in the end of the dash?
got power to the switch?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Kentucky Fried Redneck
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well in my panic I overlooked the obvious as mentioned above, and in the process of checking for power to the switch I discovered that the wiring harness had come unplugged from the switch assembly inside the door panel. thank's vaughan..... saved me a lot of embarrassment at a repair shop!!

At any rate it's now fixed and I know how much we love pics here in the forum so I got pics before during and after. Note to self, STAY OUT OF FIELD NEXT TO HOUSE.....IT IS ALL THICK WET CLAY!!

Last edited by Kentucky Fried Redneck; 08-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Got stuck in mud...now windows dont work