2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
BangMx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Brake

Soo I want to rig my E-brake so I can have a little more control of the rear end when I am off roading. Is it a bad idea to use the original ebrake or should I install something else. I am trying to do this as cheap as possible also. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

What did you have in mind? Something like steering brakes on a buggy? If so, that would work just fine, so long as you don't have some variety of locker/LSD in the rear. If you do, you would break stuff.....

Old 02-27-2012, 07:24 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BangMx
Soo I want to rig my E-brake so I can have a little more control of the rear end when I am off roading. Is it a bad idea to use the original ebrake or should I install something else.
You're looking to do a poor man's posi? If so and you've got an automatic transmission, compare the cost of a limited-slip or a locker to the cost of a new transmission and think again.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
BangMx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm more thinking of e sliding. I can come into a really tight corner a lot faster if I can whip the back of the truck out before i get to it. Throttling on to kick the back end doesn't quite work a lot of the time because the front end will push to hard. I want to be able to lock up the rear wheels basically. I can make it work if I hold the e brake release open but I'm kinda affraid I am going to mess something up. That's why I am asking
for your opinions. When I do it my abs light and e brake light
come on.

Quick Reply: E-Brake