2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need some input...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
razbilljr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some input...

Okay so I talked to my uncle yesterday and he said he has a 98 dodge ram sport 5.9 that he got from his neightbor. He bought it for a couple hundred and a gas rc car, the guy said the transmission was out in it. Well my uncle bought it and put it in 4x4 and he said it drove, and that it ended up being just the rear gears were shot. He replaced the rear gears in it and he said the truck runs and drives good and doesnt have sky high miles on it and isnt all rusted out. Well he said he would sell me it for $1000. He said the truck has a 6" superlift on it. I was wondering if I would be able to pull the lift off and install it on my 99 dodge ram sport 5.2 and put my stock parts back on the truck. I seen that the lift alone brand new is about $1200. Also noticed that it requires minnor welding like relocating brackets so I have a feeling I wouldnt be able to just take it off and install all the parts on my truck. Would I be able to get ahold of superlift and have get some new relocating brackets, if there welded. My genius plan is to buy the truck swap the lift into my truck and put my parts on the 98. Then sell the truck and possibly double my money and use the money for bigger wheels and tires for my 99 I will be going to look at the truck today and i will psot a pic of the truck after. Thanksssss

Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Might be more an issue of what was removed to install the lift.....

Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
mcweaver
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say buy the uncles truck, give it a little TLC, sell the newly acquired truck for whatever it will bring, then buy your lift wheel and tires. Taking a lift off one truck and onto another truck, no telling won't be there that you will need. Could be opening a can of worms that won't be worth it!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcweaver
I say buy the uncles truck, give it a little TLC, sell the newly acquired truck for whatever it will bring, then buy your lift wheel and tires. Taking a lift off one truck and onto another truck, no telling won't be there that you will need. Could be opening a can of worms that won't be worth it!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The welding required is for the track bar bracket. I agree, make a buck off it, then do your truck right.

Quick Reply: I need some input...