2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport BullBar/Tow Hook Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Chris.2NyCE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport BullBar/Tow Hook Question

Hey,

I tired searching and looking thru a lot of other sites and DIYs and I cannot find a DEFINATE answer to my question...

I want to put a Bull Bar on the front of my truck, however, every site says it doesnt fit the Sport model.

I was wondering if anyone who HAS done this might be able to suggest what may be needed to be done to modify one to fit (before i spend the money on a bar) or if these sites are just retarded and it will actually fit.

I was also going to add tow hooks but i haven't seen if any one has added them with the sport bumbers.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
99ram360sport
Professional

I believe the reason a bull- bar will not fit on your truck is because the sport bumper is bigger and comes down farther than the non-sport bumper. I also have a sport model ram and the previous owner had to cut sections out of the bottom of the bumper in order to fit the bull-bar. I'm not sure about tow hooks though.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 sawsall all the way if you look at the off road sport bumper it is a sport bumper with notches cut out in the bottom from the factory to allow for tow hooks. My grille guard is for a regular non-sport ram and has hooks on it, I just cut 2 2in by 2in notches to get it to fit

Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Chris.2NyCE

Awesome. Thats what i needed to know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ramcountryboy
+1 sawsall all the way if you look at the off road sport bumper it is a sport bumper with notches cut out in the bottom from the factory to allow for tow hooks. My grille guard is for a regular non-sport ram and has hooks on it, I just cut 2 2in by 2in notches to get it to fit
Do you have the Go Rhino front guard? Im looking for one with tow hooks as well, cant seem to find any.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember before I painted it, it had a "4xGUARD" sticker on it, I looked them up but it seems now they just makes things for Jeeps... Unless someone thought it was a nice sticker to put on a no-name guard

Last edited by Ramcountryboy; 03-20-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport BullBar/Tow Hook Question