2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shaker hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Michael Corning
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaker hood

Originally Posted by moparman95
Has anyone purchased the shaker hood kit for their dodge ram? I talked to a guy at the mopar nationals that had one on his 94 dodge ram 1500 4x4 w/ a 318 engine. He said that before he installed the shaker hood and shaker air box he got about 11mpg, and he told me he now gets 19-20mpg. I know its a pretty pricey mod but its worth it if you gain 8+ mpg. I was unaware that this kit was avalible as of yesterday and if anyone knows any pros/cons on it they would be appreciated.

-Dave
I purchased a shaker hood for my project truck but it didn't include the shaker components because I bought off ebay. So now I'm looking for the air box and mounting hardware. Unfortunately the company that made it has gone out of business now and the parts a re virtually impossible to find. My project is a 5.9 build. Do you have any ideas as to where a guy could get the shaker portion? The inside dimensions are completely different from any shaker kit out there.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:54 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corning
I purchased a shaker hood for my project truck but it didn't include the shaker components because I bought off ebay. So now I'm looking for the air box and mounting hardware. Unfortunately the company that made it has gone out of business now and the parts a re virtually impossible to find. My project is a 5.9 build. Do you have any ideas as to where a guy could get the shaker portion? The inside dimensions are completely different from any shaker kit out there.
Right here

Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Michael Corning
Amateur
Default Shaker hood

I called bmc and they do not carry that shaker hood in stock. I have run into this issue around the country in regards to this product. The company that made these, emphasis on MADE is currently in the process of being either bought out or going under completely. Keystone restyling is the company that made them along with other fiberglass automotive products. The mold for the shaker hood had obtained some damage and instead of repairing or replacing the mold KR decided to scrap the mold due to the limited popularity of the shaker hood for the 2nd gen rams. I have only found 3 of these hoods installed on trucks so far and of course noone wants to give them up. So it's looking like swap meets are what I will need to be attending to find my needle in a haystack. If anyone in this forum can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:44 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

I called bmc and they do not carry that shaker hood in stock. I have run into this issue around the country in regards to this product. The company that made these, emphasis on MADE is currently in the process of being either bought out or going under completely. Keystone restyling is the company that made them along with other fiberglass automotive products. The mold for the shaker hood had obtained some damage and instead of repairing or replacing the mold KR decided to scrap the mold due to the limited popularity of the shaker hood for the 2nd gen rams. I have only found 3 of these hoods installed on trucks so far and of course noone wants to give them up. So it's looking like swap meets are what I will need to be attending to find my needle in a haystack. If anyone in this forum can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
When I called, they said they have a few in stock around the country.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:04 PM
Michael Corning
Amateur
Default Shaker hood

What suppliers?

Old 06-20-2019, 04:21 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

What suppliers?
The one I linked and Amerihoofmd was the other

Old 06-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Michael Corning
Amateur
Default Shaker hood

You called Amerihood and they told you they have it in stock?

Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

You called Amerihood and they told you they have it in stock?
I'm pretty sure it was them

Old 11-06-2019, 10:45 AM
Michael Corning
Amateur
Default Shaker hood

Ok, so it's been a while since I posted anything here. I have acquired a shaker hood shell for a 2nd gen ram. I'm still looking for the shaker components to complete it. Keystone restyling has discontinued alot of their product lines and for the most part have become non existant. Is there anyone that may have a complete kit or a kit that was in a wreck that is still salvageable that they would want to sell?

Old 11-06-2019, 10:47 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Ok, so it's been a while since I posted anything here. I have acquired a shaker hood shell for a 2nd gen ram. I'm still looking for the shaker components to complete it. Keystone restyling has discontinued alot of their product lines and for the most part have become non existant. Is there anyone that may have a complete kit or a kit that was in a wreck that is still salvageable that they would want to sell?
Up here by me they HAD a 2nd gen with a Shaker his in the u pull it yard. No clue if it's still there

The following users liked this post:
Michael Corning (11-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Shaker hood