2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Common issues and fixes. Gathering info.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Ramzy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
DIFM (due in for maintenance).
I see someone besides me has worked USAF. I haven't heard DIFM in forever. Why not NRTS it. lol If not AF sorry. Just haven't heard that elsewhere.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's already turning into a thread that most people(newbs) will not take the time to read(like the plenum thread). This one is all over the place and is confusing me already, let alone a newbie(and most people are not providing links or a resolve to the common problem they are posting . The FAQ section has a lot of these fixes already in it(which is why it's there) and I think more specific thread titles/stickies containing the info gathered here would be more helpful(for the topics that are not in the FAQ section). A thread with the most common probs listed and links would be of greater help to all. At least IMHO. In the FAQ/DIY section, there is a link called "old DIY links". The way that is setup is a fairly good example of what I mean, sort of. The key word here is "sort". Of course some one would need to take the time to do the sorting. Meantime, I'll just keep doing my best to help out and provide the links I know of.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I was hoping to find some poor sucker that would take the information gathered in this thread, compile it into a coherent piece, and THAT would get posted. Adding links to various DIY's, or tech articles that we HAVE links for would be icing on the cake. That's a good idea.

of course, all of this 'assumes'..... that folks will actually LOOK/Search before blindly posting...... I know, that's quite a stretch.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I was hoping to find some poor sucker that would take the information gathered in this thread, compile it into a coherent piece, and THAT would get posted. Adding links to various DIY's, or tech articles that we HAVE links for would be icing on the cake. That's a good idea.

of course, all of this 'assumes'..... that folks will actually LOOK/Search before blindly posting...... I know, that's quite a stretch.
All that's been done. 2nd Gen Ram FAQs, DIYs & How To's

Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou

That's the key to the whole thing. But not going to happen like you said. And please don't think I was knocking your idea about this thread. I spend too much time providing links and researching probs to help people out, so don't ruin my fun with a thread like this. LOL JK Thing is, I know where almost all the links are and for sure know the common problems(and have experience fixing most them myself) to the point I could do or at least help with a thread that is organized and easy for newbs and vets to navigate. You may get that help soon, as it looks like my handicap is going to keep me from making enough money to actually keep my house once again for much longer.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Darren270
Rookie

I see someone besides me has worked USAF. I haven't heard DIFM in forever. Why not NRTS it. lol If not AF sorry. Just haven't heard that elsewhere.
MICAP

Old 05-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Moochoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a good run while it lasted

Old 03-16-2020, 07:41 PM
Justinbryant92

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
Dont forget the headlights not working usually being a burned up switch and the option to wire in a relay with replacement to prevent the issue from returning...

can that also cause cluster to work sometimes and other times it’s all dead??

Old 03-16-2020, 08:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Yep. Sure can.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:21 PM
atc250r
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear brakes that grab suddenly when applied for the first time upon driving in wet/damp/humid weather. Problem is leaking rear brake cylinders. The fix is new rear brake cylinders and new shoes.

Quick Reply: Common issues and fixes. Gathering info.