2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ultragauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:01 PM
h0ffers
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultragauge

something all of us should have...
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

i love mine cause i can check my DTCs and tells me the exact temp of my intake, coolant, instant mpg, throttle pos. percentage and a bunch more. we all can benefit from knowing the exact (to the tenth) degrees and speed of all these things. i suggest getting one asap.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran

i love mine

Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

does it show auto transmission temp?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM
nate_9ers
Rookie

I have a scangauge II and i love it, but this looks like it has a few more gauges

Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
h0ffers
Amateur

no, these ultragauges do not show tranny temps, something about being "unique" sensor that it cant read. Also, the ultraguage tells you when there is a pending dtc so you know one is coming or going away. this thing is the best, most accurate 70 bucks ever.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM
h0ffers
Amateur

also, i think it would be super cool to know some of the before and after temps of all these mods.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by h0ffers
no, these ultragauges do not show tranny temps, something about being "unique" sensor that it cant read. Also, the ultraguage tells you when there is a pending dtc so you know one is coming or going away. this thing is the best, most accurate 70 bucks ever.
ROTFLMAO! First, it's on sale for $69.95, a rather drastic markdown from the "regular price" of $210, and then it can't even read the transmission temperature. What good is notifying me of a pending DTC? Does it beat the PCM from illuminating the CE light by milliseconds?

What a worthless POS.

That aside, why is this posted in the technical forum?

Last edited by Gary-L; 05-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
h0ffers
Amateur

Thier marketing strategies may not be the best, but that dont make em bad people and no, as for example with my number 6 misfire that comes back and goes away all the time, sometimes i fire up the truck and the code is all gone together, sometimes the pending code is on for just minutes, hours, or all day and then the code finally pops up or the pending one dissapears.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by h0ffers
Thier marketing strategies may not be the best, but that dont make em bad people and no, as for example with my number 6 misfire that comes back and goes away all the time, sometimes i fire up the truck and the code is all gone together, sometimes the pending code is on for just minutes, hours, or all day and then the code finally pops up or the pending one dissapears.

If you have a misfire on #6 then you have a problem with one of the following: spark plug; plug wire; cracked valve; clogging catalytic converter; or even an issue with the distributor cap or CKP.

Seems like a nice extra tool, but nothing to write home about. Sorry, but that's my take on it.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have an android phone, and purchase a $20 ELM327 bluetooth-to-obdII adapter, there is nothing that gauge can do that the app Torque can't..

I used it just this morning on the way to work (first time I've driven my truck any appreciable distance in the last month or so), and I know precisely where I'm at with the tune and all the components (sans trans).. it's the best $20 I've ever spent on that rig.. Torque, the app, is free.. the paid version ($4.99, which I own) is useless for these rigs.. the free one does everything you need it to do.

Quick Reply: ultragauge